Ideal Tools and our services.
Ideal Tools aspires to bring you the best online store and user knowledgebase for the Festool range of tools. Ideal Tools management, staff, and contributors are not only keen Festool owners, but love woodworking; so you'll also find a good amount of woodworking related information on our site and in our blog, because that's what we like.
Rather than sell a large number of brands, we have consciously focussed on Festool and Protool in order to apply the maximum amount of our resource to provide you the best product knowledge and service possible.
- Widely regarded around the world as the best brand of power tools for woodworking, furniture making, auto-finishing, and construction - for both professionals and dedicated hobbyists alike.
- Made in Germany.
- If you want quality and innovation, Festool and Protool (Festool's sister brand for construction jobs) then these tools are for you.
* We also have a few other favourite brands which we feel complement the Festool range, so you will also find them at Ideal Tools.
Ideal Tools is the only tool store in the country to offer a comprehensive rewards program. Not only do you earn reward credit for shopping with us, but you earn them for contributing hints and tips with other customers, and sharing information on Ideal Tools with your friends.
Features of our rewards program include:
- Earn reward credit for shopping.
- Earn credit for sharing your hints and tips with other users.
- Earn credit for referring Ideal Tools to your friends.
- Spend credit to reduce the price of individual products or your whole order.
- You can even transfer reward credit to a friend, or have them send you some. Great for clubs and associations who want to pool reward credit.
"I don't like reward systems, what makes Ideal Tools' any better?"
- Unlike many other rewards programs where you earn lots of low value points, with Ideal Tools you directly earn store credit in real dollars.
- Our reward system is easy to use, and you get to choose when and what to use your reward credit on.
- We value your contributions, and reward you for it.
- Although reward credit expires, you get two email notifications well in advance of them expiring, so you don't miss out using your reward credit.
Find out more more about our rewards program.
- Transactions completed on our websites are secured by 256 bit SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
- Credit card details are securely and directly passed to the bank's payment gateway. We do not record or store your credit card numbers in online or paper based systems.
- We do not disclose your details to third parties. Excluding where necessary to fulfil your order, i.e. fulfilment warehouse and courier companies.
Payment - we accept:
- Visa and MasterCard.
- Direct deposit - you can use you banks online payment system, or pay at your branch. We provide payment BSB and Account details with your order.
- Cheque - drop a cheque in the mail. We provide payment details and postal address with your order.
Schools and Government Departments
- We provide limited credit terms to schools and government departments.
- If you wish to email or fax us a purchase order, we are happy to work with your PO process.
Find out more more about our safe and secure shopping security measures.
FREE delivery offer:
- The majority of orders placed at Ideal Tools are free of shipping and handling costs to the customer. Orders over $250 are delivered free, regardless of size and weight. Orders less than $250 are charged a very reasonable flat $10 shipping fee. The exclusion to these rules are a small number of remote locations - if this applies to your order it will be clearly identified prior to your check-out.
- Your order is shipped as quickly as possible, usually the same day (for early orders) or the next day. If for any reason your order cannot be fulfilled in part or in full, we will notify you of the situation. Partial orders are shipped straight away, with the back order items shipped as soon as available. We will keep you informed.
- We deliver via our preferred nationwide courier.
- Insurance to the point of receipt is covered by us, please ensure an appropriate person is at the receiving location to sign for and take the delivery.
- Our courier provides tracking and delivery confirmation, including a POD (proof of Delivery) signature.
Find out more more about delivery.
We provide a comprehensive account management facility with lots of useful features, including:
- Dashboard - A summary of your account and latest activity.
- Account Information - View or modify your contact and delivery details.
- My Orders - A complete history of your orders.
- My Rewards - All the rewards points you have earned by shopping and participating at Ideal Tools.
- My Product Hints - Products you have shared hints and tips with other customers. And the reward you earned by contributing.
- My Wishlist - Products you have on your wish list for future purchase.
- Newsletter Subscriptions - Your newsletter subscriptions panel.
- Help Desk Tickets - Any help desk tickets you have raised and their history.
- My Blog Comments - Any comments you have made on our Blog.
- My Referrals - Friends you have referred to Ideal Tools. And the reward you earned by sharing.
- And more.
Festool and Protool tools come with a 1+2 warranty. One year by default, and another 2 years if you register your tool (within 30 days) online or using the extended warranty form supplied with your new tool.
- Festool and Protool warranty claim process is outstanding, just give us a call and we will manage the warranty process for you:
- We will complete the necessary warranty repair paperwork,
- Arrange a courier to pick up your tool,
- Have it fixed by Festool Service Department or one of their authorised service centres around the country,
- And arrange to courier it back to you.
- Festool's target turn around time for warranty repairs is just 24 hours.
Find out more more about Festool and Protool warranty.